Ecommerce And Software Agreements Masterclass
In this growing space of online trade and eCommerce, this course serves to equip lawyers with the practical insight and the knowledge of software agreements which dominate this practice area.
A masterclass on ecommerce and computer software agreements covering best practice, applicable legislation, recent trends and commercial issues relevant to those contracting in this field.
Why you should attend?
- Get the industry insight, current trends and experienced know-how
- Avoid damaging and costly mistakes when negotiating and drafting your agreements
- Develop effective documents
- Anticipate and prevent future conflicts through good drafting
- Understand the dispute resolution clauses and mechanism
- Receive valuable and useful take-away: precedents, checklists, model agreements
Who should attend?
In-house lawyers, General counsel, Legal advisors, Legal managers, Contracts managers, Procurement managers, Private practice lawyers and Compliance officers and risk managers
Session 1: Introduction to the ecommerce industry and the current Nigerian legal framework
Session 2: Drafting Software Licensing and Maintenance/Support Agreements
Session 3: Pertinent legal issues faced by the Industry (Focus on Agreements) from the view point of a non-legal software/ecommerce professional
Session 4: Drafting Software as a service (SaaS) subscription agreement
Session 5: Websites and Mobile Apps
Session 6: Drafting Software development agreements
Session 7: Data Protection and Information Security
Session 8: Drafting Software escrow agreements
Session 9: Update on software case law internationally (including Oracle CJEU case)