Interpersonal Skills (In-house Course)
This course gives participants an understanding of the factors that contribute to
effective communication in a variety of contexts and situations. It provides a
foundation and skills for dynamic interpersonal relationships, especially within a
– Types and impact of interpersonal relationships
– Effective communication styles to manage workforce diversity
– Establishing positive workplace interpersonal communication for rapport building
– Working through conflict and managing difficult people
• Understand the types and impact of interpersonal relationships.
• Develop interpersonal skills for personal and team effectiveness.
• Manage emotions of self and others for positive relationship.
• Build positive interpersonal communication skills.
• Improve non-verbal communication to read others easily and accurately.
• Work with people whose personalities and communication styles are
different from you.
• Increase your people power to connect and rapport with people effortlessly.
• Deliver criticism and solve conflict in a constructive manner.
• Handle diverse and difficult people with less stress and more understanding.
• Identify and eliminate interpersonal habits in your personal action plan.
Who should attend?
Individuals who want to enhance their performance by improving their working
Class Size Requirement
There is a minimum requirement of five (5) persons per class for our in-house courses.
For further enquiries please contact our learning advisors by calling +234 1 293 1980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we promise to respond in less than 24 hours.