Finance For Lawyers (In-house Course)
This intensive 2-day course is designed to provide lawyers with a better understanding of the language and meaning of financial terminology and its relevance to real world economic activity. The participants will get familiar with the form, content and analysis of financial statements, financial reports and the main accounting principles and techniques.
The program will also help in the improvement of organizations’ performance by pointing out the importance of cost control, breakeven and variance analysis.
After attending the program, participants will be able to communicate effectively in common financial language with Financial Executives, use financial information for management, as well as apply capital budgeting techniques.
- Understand financial statements and its key elements
- Understand how and why business decisions are made
- Be able to identify signals pointing to deterioration in financial condition
- Understand the principle and advantages of budgeting
- Be able to analyse the reasons for variances between the actual and budgeted results
- Understand costs of business operations and how to manage them
- Understand cash flow analysis
Who should attend?
The course will be of benefit to young lawyers or new entrants in Property or Conveyancing practice.
Class Size Requirement
There is a minimum requirement of five (5) persons per class for our in-house courses.
For further enquiries please contact our learning advisors by calling +234 1 293 1980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we promise to respond in less than 24 hours.