Coaching Skills For Managers (In-house Course)
In this course, delegates would learn the essential skills to coach people for improved performance. You will learn how effective managers use coaching to establish clear expectations and accountability, how to assess performance, and how to conduct coaching conversations that build awareness and get results. Throughout the courses, you will apply insights about management and coaching to develop your own coaching practice and tools.
• Identify the qualities of an effective coach; and build a coaching foundation and plan a coaching strategy.
• Motivate employees by identifying their individual personality types; and build trusting coach-employee relationships.
• Work through the coaching process of communicating expectations and goals, and evaluating employee performance.
• Support your coaching style by conducting productive face-to-face meetings and confrontations.
• The coaching process
• Types and sources of feedback in the workplace
• Elements of a good feedback
• Assessing performance issues
• Coaching based on performance and personality
• Key skills needed to be an effective coach
• Balancing coaching vs management
• Difference between coaching and mentoring
• How to choose a coaching framework suited to you and your team
• Coaching Tools
• Practical coaching sessions in pairs
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for Middle and Top-level management
Class Size Requirement
There is a minimum requirement of five (5) persons per class for our in-house courses.
For further enquiries please contact our learning advisors by calling +234 1 293 1980 or email email@example.com and we promise to respond in less than 24 hours.