Introduction To Clear Legal Writing (Offline Course)
This practical training course is designed to teach the essential skills of writing clear and precise legal communication. Attendees will learn powerful techniques for making legal writing clearer and more persuasive, in order to communicate efficiently and get a good outcome for their companies or firms.
This course will cover the differing requirements of legal communication, including the structure and content of such communication, as well as stressing the common rule of being easily understood by the court, lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
- The principles of clear legal writing and the need for legal clarity in different types of legal documents
- Predictive legal writing – Writing letters and email, legal opinions and internal memos
- Persuasive legal writing – Writing when a dispute arises
- Legalese Vs Plain writing
- Proofreading and editing strategies
Who should attend?
The course will be of benefit to young lawyers.