Emotional Intelligence (Offline Course)
Emotional intelligence is the ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others. It is generally said to include three skills: emotional awareness; the ability to harness emotions and apply them to tasks like thinking and problem solving; and the ability to manage emotions, which includes regulating your own emotions and cheering up or calming down other people. Emotional Intelligence is increasingly critical as a skill set. Emotional Intelligence strategies combined with native intelligence increase our ability to successfully manage the constant challenges from customers or clients and our business associates.
– Define Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
– Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
– Learn the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence.
– Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy.
– Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
– Verbally communicate with others. Interpret and manage your emotions.
– Master tools to regulate and gain control of one’s own emotions.
– Articulate your emotions using the right language. Balance optimism and pessimism.
– Effectively impact others.
– Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
– Use the concepts and techniques in the workplace.
– Emotional intelligence: getting a different smart
– Introducing emotional competencies
– Benefits of emotional intelligence.
– Core skills required to practice emotional intelligence
– Interpreting and managing your emotions.
– Use of the right language. (Verbal and non-verbal communication)
– The five Competencies of Emotional Intelligence: Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation, Self-Motivation, Empathy, Effective Relationships
– Applying the Competencies
– Choice and Control Model
– Outcome Thinking
– Dealing with Individual Challenges
– Action Plan
Who should attend?
Individuals who will benefit from this course include those who wish to accomplish increase deliberateness in making decision, temper negative responses to distressing situations, and improve their conflict management and communication skills. It is suitable for all employees regardless of their level in the organisation.
Abioye is a Business Consultant & a Trainer with core competence in new business development and workplace learning. He had previously served at the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN) as a Training Administrator (2008-2010); and he was one of the founding staff of Learning Impact Model Limited where he served as the Head of the Business Development Unit (2010 – 2012) Read More…